We use the latest software and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines to make sure that what you choose for your custom design is accurately and precisely transferred and executed to the finished product.
Your company logo can be supplied and used as artwork for your custom designed product.
The Creative Process for your custom designed product can be as interactive between you and our design staff as you wish.
You can be leave it up to our artisans to complete the entire job for you.
In general the process is the following:
1. After initial contact - Your custom product starts with development of 3D model design concepts for your approval.
2a. You will be able to choose the design of your sign that you like best - 1st design example
2b. Here is an example of a 2nd design (Oval added). We can simulate fonts and raw materials used for the end product.
3. Upon your approval of the sign design - The 3D model and artwork is used to create the CNC machining tool paths.
4. Here the software is used to generate the rough machining tool path for your sign.
5. The finish machining tool path is then created for your sign.
6. Material is selected by hand with an eye for adding character and to compliment the custom sign design.
7. We then set up and square your sign for machining - care is taken to protect the machine and the material to be machined.
8. Machining includes the use of all necessary personal safety equipment.
9. The design tool path files are transferred to the computer that runs CNC machine.
Machining may include use of lasers or water cooled routers.
10. Once the tool path files are loaded into the computer, Everything is set to start machining. Tasks are monitored the entire time the machine is running.
Notice the instructions on the left hand side of the display and the tool paths on the right.
11. Tell the computer to start the machining cycle - And the process of making your custom sign has begun!
12. This shows the rough machining completed. Typically a 6mm End Mill is used - approximate time will be 1 hour.
13. Finishing machining is started - typically 3 mm Ball end mill is used. - Approx duration of this step will be several hours - depending on complexity and size.
14. Machined Sign is manually separated from the wood blank using a band saw.
The edges are cleaned / sanded then the whole sign is sanded smooth by hand.
A sealing coat of shellac is applied and the sign is then re-sanded. This completes the machining portion of the design.
15. Artisans carefully hand paint your custom sign. You can choose the colors or let us choose.
16. Example of Finished artwork.
17. Your sign is coated with 6 coats of Polyurethane to seal from the elements and then hand rubbed to the final finish before shipping.
18. Any wood sign will need maintenance / perhaps a coat of protective finish over the years to help keep it's beauty.
You may choose PVC if you wish a more carefree sign.